Portrait of a mysterious man living in the ghetto of the popular Malate neighborhood in Manila, capital city of Philippines. Malate is often described as infamous neighbourhoods of Manila, but it is nevertheless a touristic district apart from an enclave that looks like a slum… It is in this part made up of labyrinthine alleyways that I took this picture. The man is sporting tattoos that give him a trendy look, but at the same time he wears on the skull a square terry towel that gives a different style much less fashion, even if this cotton fabric is indeed very effective against the dampness of Manila! This man is not a notorious “bad guy”, despite the appearances with his deep look and hands clasped in opposition.
Manila: the naughty boy of Malate with his terry towel
About the Author: Christophem
I like to capture the poetic life moments and human faces in their natural environment. "The truth : that which doesn't hide", wrote Heraclitus.
- Papua New Guinea: portraits of people from Chimbu Province December 15, 2019
- Papua New Guinea: the little girl with the dead bird July 22, 2019
- North India: woman coffee seller in Varanasi June 03, 2019
- Peru: Huaraz under a nebulous sky in the Cordillera Blanca April 09, 2019
- India: head upside-down on a Vespa in Calcutta March 03, 2019